As I've accepted my diagnosis, I've begun to appreciate the little moments that reside inside the stillness of the day (they come in surprisingly filling slivers). Sampling the wee caloric morsels can nourish you as your moods ebb and flow.
Here are my snacks from the last two days:
2) Narrating a nighttime Wal-Mart shopping spree with my husband like we were Ice Road Truckers.
3) Feeling a book in my hand in the whirlpool tub.
4) Enjoying the view from the dentist's office. Really.
5) Reciting high school poetry about abandoned Happy Meals .
6) Laughing at my mom's feet
I feel all these tiny joys blooming under my feet, little forget-me-nots, a soft carpet to cushion my aching soles.
What little moments do you enjoy?